Friday March 18, 2011
Back Squat 5-5-5-5-5
Rack Lunges (each leg)
Push Up + Renegade Row each arm
1. Get your photos done before the 30 Day Challenge starts! Let me know at the gym.
2. Bod Pod testing is scheduled for April 30th from 9-1:40pm.
3. Bring a folding chair with you for the Whole 9 Seminar! This is going to be great!
4. If you don’t have Andy’s email for the “30 Day Transformation” challenge, let me know and I’ll send it to you.
5. Go cheer Kevin, Beth and Jared on at CrossFit St. Paul this weekend at 1:30 if you’re twiddling your thumbs this weekend! I’ll be there in spirit.
Jess. Is. Focused.read more
Thursday March 17, 2011
1-1-1-1 Turkish Get Up
5-5-5-5 One Leg Deadlift each side (hold kettlebell in each hand)
100 Hollow Rocks
Don’t forget to get “before” photos taken this week for the 30 Day Challenge!
Happy St. Patty’s Day!read more
Wednesday March 16, 2011
Weighted Pull-ups 3-3-3-3-3
Weighted Push-ups 3-3-3-3-3
3 x ascending ladder, rest 2 minutes between ladders attempts.
Score is lowest time attempt.
1 Power Clean (115/155)
1 Rope Climb (sub 8 pull-ups)
7 Dumbbell Squat Jumps (20/30)
7 HSPU (sub feet on a box)
AMRAP 15 Minutes:
15 Ball Slams
1 Heavy Deadlift
Find your 1 rep max.
10 Rounds of the Complex:
3 KB Clean-Squat-Push Press
4 KB Lunges
5 One arm swings
Perform this complex on the right and left side. Not for time. Go for the max amount of weight you can handle for the complex.
To all the folks who were a part of my surprise 35th birthday last night, many thanks goes out to all of you! It was such a fun time, and because of such collective generosity between everyone, you will all reap the benefits of new satellite music filling the gym hopefully later this week! Now if I can only figure out where the wires are supposed to go…..
A couple updates and reminders:
1. Yoga starts this Tuesday! If you’re feeling like you need to dedicate time to your mobility, this is a great chance to do that! Sign up with Dawn under the YOGA tab.
2. No regular CrossFit class this Saturday due to the WHOLE9 seminar. Fawn will be holding an Express Kettlebell Class from 8:00-8:45am, which you are all welcome to. I’ll adjust the scheduler tomorrow.
Friday March 11, 2011
3 SDHP (75/105)
3 Bulgarian Split Squats each leg (20/30lb)
5 SDHP (75/105)
5 Bulgarian Split Squats each leg
Finish with 75 Double Unders
I’m having issues with not being able to embed video on my blog! So I’ve posted a GREAT double under video on our FACEBOOK page, which you should check out! Again Faster always does a fantastic job of tutorial videos. Let’s get those double-unders down!
Congrats George on your new little boy!read more
Thursday March 10, 2011
Official 1000M Row Time
6 x 90 second intervals: Perform each couplet 3 times.
4 Toes to Bar
5 Broad Jumps
Practice Rope Climbs.read more
Wednesday March 9, 2011
Push Press 5-5-5-5-5
6 Renegade Man-makers
15 Sit up slams with med ball
Thanks for all the great birthday wishes guys!
Tuesday March 8, 2011
Power Clean 3-3-3-3-3
Rack Lunge (each leg) (85/115)
Rappin’ Paleo Style, click on image.read more
Monday March 7, 2011
15 minute time: Perform 50 Back Squats (95/135) first. With remaining time:
10 Box Jumps (24in)
Score is total reps of the couplet in remaining time.
Yoga Update: Starting March 15th, yoga will be offered on Tuesdays at 7am and 11:45am. This is a 6-week session for $99. Registration details coming soon.
I will be switching the morning CrossFit class to Thursdays at 7:15am. I’ll update the scheduler and figure out yoga registration this coming week.
New York Times: New Food Culture, A Young Generation of Farmers Emerges
Click on the photo:read more