Wednesday April 27, 2011
Back Squat @ 80% of max
Tabata: 8 minute total
Switch movements every 10 second rest. Score is lowest deadlift attempt + lowest burpee attempt.read more
Tuesday April 26, 2011
Hang Power Snatch 3-3-2-2-1-1
10 Ball Slams
8 Bulgarian Split Squat (65/40)
6 Muscle Snatches (same weight)
4 Lengths Sprint (or 100m outside if it’s nice)
1. Don’t forget FREE MOGA next week on Tuesday, 7am/11:45am and Thursday at 8:30am!!
2. Bod Pod Registrations due! $22
3. Changes/additions coming in June. Details soon!
The Beast vs. Donna!read more
Monday April 25, 2011
Front Squat 3-3-3-3-3-3
5 Hang Power Clean (155/105)
4 Push Presses with same bar
3 Broad Jumps
2 Lengths Sandbag Carry
1 Rope Climb
1. If you haven’t gotten your “after” pics done, let me know! I’d like to finish those up in the next day or so. Thanks!
2. My Resources Page is updated with quick links to great paleo recipes, cookbooks, shopping list downloads and more! Check it out for fast ideas in a pinch.
Chopped avocado and tangerine.read more
Friday April 22, 2011
Row 500m Warm Up
Row 500m for Time
3 x 10 Bulgarian Split Squats Each Leg (use just body weight)
WOD: For Time
Push up + Renegade Row
Walking Lunges (each leg with same set of dumbbells)
Beth will coach Friday night 5pm class and Saturday morning 8am! She’s got a great WOD for Saturday morning, so get yer’ butts outta bed!
Have a wonderful Easter holiday! Just another great way to get your protein in!read more
Thursday April 21, 2011
Sectional WOD #5: 20 Minute AMRAP
5 Power Cleans (100/145)
10 Toes to Bar
15 Wall Balls (14/20)
Wednesday April 20, 2011
Box Jump 4-4-4-4-4-4
Medicine Ball Cleans (20/14)
Thanks for all the replies from our survey! That really helps me plan for the next couple months. I will look over the results further and see what changes or additions need to be made.
Don’t forget to have your “after” shots taken this week!
I’d like to try collecting the BOD POD registrations this week, so if you can, bring $22 to class. Thanks!
Update on Moga. Dawn and I had a slight mis-communication! Here’s the scoop:
1. Free Moga classes May 3rd (7am, 11:45am) and May 5th (8:30am)
2. 6-week session begins on Tuesday, May 10th at the above times.
3. New student price (for first-timers): $69, after that the regular price will be $78 per 6-week session. Drop in rate is $17.
Ellen’s 195# Deadlift PR…..she’ll kick your ass if you make her mad.read more
Tuesday April 19, 2011
Back Squat 15 x 1 @ 80-85% (rest 5 seconds between reps)
You will re-rack the weight after each rep. Count to 5 and take it off the rack again.
5 Rounds for time:
1 Strict Press
1 Strict Pull-up
Monday April 18, 2011
(Sorry if you got these last week! The morning group was supposed to push sleds, but too cold and blustery early am).
12 Min AMRAP:
10 Push-ups (lift hands off floor)
1. 6-week Moga session registration HERE: $57.50 prorated price since the first week is free!
2. Cow-sharing begins this week! I have John D’Amato’s number at the gym (or email me) if you want to order a quarter or an eighth of a cow. For those of you who have ordered beef before, you really can’t think of going back to conventional meat. It’s that good.
A. $2.20 per pound (a quarter will range from 170-180 lbs)
B. Steers are fed one bucket of corn (that they grow themselves) every two weeks as a supplement. Other than that, they are all GRASS FED. Organic pastures.
C. Butcher fee for a quarter is about $125.00
Folks, it’s totally worth it to stock your freezer. Your kids will be happy to eat the best hamburgers on the grill all summer long…..
I just can’t get over how much heart Beth, Jared and Kevin have had a sectionals. This week’s past WOD was a true test of “just doing your best” and being proud to even show up.
Part of the WOD was 30 overhead squats at 90 lbs. for women (after finishing 60 burpees hopping over a barbell). Beth’s previous 1 Rep Max for Overhead squat was 85lbs. Now, imagine doing ANYTHING over your 1 rep max after getting your butt kicked by that many burpees! Beth pulled off 6 out of 30, which I’m proud of! Amazing what one can do. Totally crappy picture, doesn’t do justice!
More photos will be uploaded on our FACEBOOK page.
Friday April 15, 2011
Push Press 3-3-3-3-3-3
WOD for time: 10 rounds
50 Yard Farmer Carry
7 Ring Dips
15 Double-unders after rounds 2, 4, 6, 8read more
Thursday April 14, 2011
Deadlift 1 Rep Max.
20 Minutes: Increase your reps by 2′s to the highest round possible.
DB Snatch (total between both sides) 30/40 lb
Weighted Steps with bar (33/45), 20 inch box
T-stabilizers (no push-up)
Med ball cleans (get below parallel) 14/20lb
30 Day Challenge ends next on the 20th! ”After” pictures can be taken any time next week!
Moga 101 on Sunday, May 8th from 12-1:15. Sign up at the gym. $20
It’s not winter anymore, but we’re still sledding!read more