Clean & Jerk Review and Warm-up
EMOM for 30 minutes: Clean and Jerk approximately 75% of your 1 Rep
Compare to Monday February 27th, 2012
Short Shuttles x 5
Be sure to fill in your points up on the board for the Goat Challenge. Let’s see who is leading best effort so far!
Check out our February events on the right column: Fogo de Chao & the Double Under Clinic! Sign up!
Deadlift – Spend 20 minutes working your way up to a heavy set of 10.
Every minute on the minute: 10 minutes
At the top of each minute perform 10 Overhead Walking Lunges (35/45)
With remaining time in that minute, perform as many double unders as you can. Scale – Singles
Score: Total DU in 10 minutes.
Finisher: 60 Alternating straight leg raises from the ground. Be sure to flatten your low back directly to the floor. Stay in control, don’t disengage.
Intro to Double Unders, and some practice.
Overhead Walking Lunges (total steps)
20 Double Unders (75 singles + 5 attempts)
DOUBLE UNDER CLINIC: This is a no-brainer to sign up for peeps! No excuses. I’ve run out of cues and I’m desperate to help you string them together!!! Let’s DO THIS. Save me.
Logan monkeying around~read more
8 x Resistance Sprints w/Partner
15-12-9: (Accessory movements, not timed)
Weighted Jump Squats
Elevated Box Ring Pulls
Yoga for Athletes: New 4-week session starts this Wednesday night at 5pm, 6pm or 7pm with Amy. You can RSVP like a regular class, but pay Amy when you get there. $25 for the 4 week bundle, or $9 drop-in!
Strict Press – 3 Rep Max
10 Push Press (83/115)
10 Toes to Bar
10 Swings (28/32kg)
JumpnRope Double Under Clinic on Sunday February 24th from 1-3pm! Please get your jump on. Pretty please!!!
A. Front Squat – Find your 3 rep max
B. “Last Ascent”
Back Squat (225/158)
Box Jump (20/24in)
Strict Chin-ups (try to reach chest to bar)
Heavy KB Renegade Row/Each
Intro: KB Arm Bar – Shoulder stability, T-spine mobility
Points due up on the board for the Goat Challenge! Keep track, and keep your cumulative up to date each week.
The Set Up.read more
Power Clean @ 90%
5 x 2 minutes: 1 minute rest after each round. Total reps in 5 rounds. Run doesn’t count for reps.
2 Power Cleans (133/185)
2 Push Press (same barbell)
Sprint 40 Yards (Down and Back in North Room)
1. Jump-N-Rope double under clinic is getting finalized for Sunday, February 24th! More details coming. This is right in the middle of your Goat Challenge, so do whatever you have to do to make this!
2. Speaking of which, first week’s points due up on the board by Sunday Open Gym. I’ll fix the board with more slots so everyone has a place to write. I’m over-joyed that all of you exceeded my expectations for sign up!
3. Fogo de Chao on February 9th at 6pm downtown Minneapolis. Get to know everybody outside of the gym setting, and be carnivorous at the same time. Good times!
4. Coaches aren’t checking peeps in right now, but WE STILL NEED TO SEE THE ROSTER, so keep signing in so we’re prepared. Kiosk check-in, in the future.
Spend 20 minutes:
1 Snatch Deadlift
1 Hang Snatch
1 Snatch Push Jerk (behind head)
1 Snatch Balance (Scaled: Overhead Squat)
Compare below to October 25th, 2012
Every 40 seconds for 8 minutes, perform a snatch: 12 Total Reps
0.00 – 0.40 – 1.20 – 2.00 – 2.40 – 3.20 – 4.00 – 4.40 – 5.20 – 6.00 – 6.40 – 7.20
Work on your goat.
1. Email me if you’re having issues with Zen Planner. It looks like most of you are humming along just fine with it…but I think there might be a few kinks for some.
2. Yoga for Athletes 4-week session starts next Wednesday night. Email Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org to enroll. We will get a head count and see if we can condense to one or two time slots.
Lars + BoomSauce
Max Turkish Get-up
1-1-1 / Each
Front Squats (73/95)
GHD Sit Ups
Single Leg Drives on a box total (20/24in)
Finisher: 6 x 40 second max weight plank holds. Compare to ?? (lost the date!)
Goat Challenge: Be sure to hand in your $10 for the prize kitty to one of the coaches. Are you guys tallying your points this week? I see tons of practice going on, way to go. Let’s see who takes the leader board by next Sunday.
Hop into Yoga for Athletes Wednesday night for $9. 30 minute sessions after each WOD. Give it a whirl, for some of you that need mobility work for your GOATS too! It ain’t easy folks.read more
3000m Partner Row (Switch every 500m)
Rest. Warm up deadlifts.
2 Deadlift (215/315)
2 Muscle Ups (or progression variations)
Sub for Muscle up: 5 Dips/5 Pull-ups per round
Beginners: Deadlifts / Ring Pulls / Box Dips or other dip variations.
Finisher: 3 x 25 Reverse Hypers
Updates and Information:
1. There is a Zen Planner App to sign up for classes on your iPhone.
2. Fogo de Chao sign up on the board! Saturday, February 9th at 6pm.
Get after it Robert!
Push Press – Find your 3 Rep Max
Back Squat – Find your 3 Rep Max
AMRAP: 10 Minutes
3 Renegade Man-makers (25/35lb)
10 Kettlebell Snatches (total – 16/20kg)
Zen Planner RSVP for classes seems to be working! You can start using that now. Homepage is updated with link to the scheduler, unless you’ve bookmarked it already.
Yoga for Athletes: Last class for current session is this Wednesday. Next 4-week session will be January 16th, 23rd, 30th and February 6th. Contact Amy at email@example.com if you’d like to enroll. Mobility GOATS anyone???
Cost: $25 or $9 drop-in (will hopefully have enrollment ready on Zen Planner this week)
Fogo de Chao: Saturday February 9th at 6pm. Meet downtown Minneapolis! Sign up coming soon.
I’m so excited for all the people who’ve signed up to attack their GOATS! Way to go crew! Keep track of your points this week, and your first cumulative number should be up by next Sunday at the very latest (depending on when you’re at the gym). Let’s see who tackles the month of January….